Thu, May 27|
Rolling out a credit card surcharge program: Hot topics and best practices
During the pandemic, card payments continue as the fastest growing payment form in the B2B space. Card issuers continue to increase rewards to cardholders, and are marketing cards for companies to pay their supply chains.
Time & Location
May 27, 2021, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM CDT
About the Event
Blakely LLP is offering another free webinar.
During the pandemic, card payments continue as the fastest growing payment form in the B2B space. Card issuers continue to increase rewards to cardholders, and are marketing cards for companies to pay their supply chains. Since the 2013 class action settlement, Visa and MasterCard amended their rules to allow suppliers to surcharge the interchange fee. What are the recent card network rule changes? What is the status of state no-surcharge laws with a nationwide surcharge rollout, including litigation challenges and State Attorney General Opinions? In this webcast, the following topics will be discussed:
- The pros and cons of accepting cards in light of the rule changes (a negotiation with the sales and finance teams?) and customer convenience and mobile payments;
- Right to surcharge the interchange fee by brand, including whether American Express cards may be surcharged;
- State no-surcharge legislation: update on litigation challenges, state legislation considering repeal and state attorney general opinion decisions;
- Notice and disclosure requirements to customers, card companies and processing companies of intention to surcharge;
- Cap on the level of surcharge: how much of the interchange fee may be charged to the customer; Stratifying the surcharge, whether by customer type or dollar amount;
- How to navigate anti-steering provisions in light of the Supreme Court decision;
- Debit cards and surcharges;
- International customers and surcharges;
- PCI and state law privacy compliance; and,
- Best practice for internal card policy and card agreement with customer, including T&C's.
There is no cost for this webinar.